Hyperpro CSC Steering Dampers
This is one of the top products in the range of “regular” steering dampers. This model is a linear steering damper with 22 clicks of adjustment for fine-tuning. It gives the rider comfort in riding and the assurance of not getting knocked off by the quick steering movements of the bike.
A steering damper, or steering stabilizer is a damping device designed to inhibit an undesirable, uncontrolled movement or oscillation of a vehicle steering mechanism, a phenomenon known in motorcycling as wobble.
- Fully adjustable – Damping can be adjusted in 22 positions
- Fully re-buildable with spare parts availability
- High-quality bearings
- Low friction design due to Ø8mm piston rod with special surface treatment.
- One-piece piston rod – Perfect alignment through the slide bearings and no excessive force on the piston
- Triple function seals. Dust scraper and double oil seal, ensuring that dust cannot enter and oil cannot exit
- Nitrogen pressurized heat expansion reservoir – Gas pressure prevents foaming.
Motorcycles with a short wheelbase and an aggressive steering geometry provide the ability to make very quick changes in direction. As a side-effect it the bike is less stable, gives less feedback from uneven road surfaces, and is more difficult to control. If the front wheel is not completely inline from the direction of travel when it touches down after a small wheelie, it may cause an unwanted wobble. Steering dampers are factory installed on more and more high-end motorcycles, not only sport but also naked and big all-roads. This is to counter this undesirable behaviour. Steering dampers offer comfort and safety. ...and Hyperpro offers the best!